My Council Services Blue Badge solution
The DfT’s contract with Northgate Public Services (NPS) to provide blue badges ends on the 31st December 2018. By January 2019 each issuing council will require a new system that must provide integration with the DfT systems and can also integrate to other systems that are implicated in the provision of blue badge service to their qualifying residents such as an existing CRM system and the current payment gateway platform where appropriate.
Moreover, this natural break point in the current process and technology set up provides a valuable opportunity for councils to review their current processes to ensure that each is harnessing the inevitable efficiency and productivity gains that exist.
This is where Abavus, using its My Council Services platform, can help. My Council Services is an innovative cloud-based digital platform designed and developed specifically for local authorities to provide a fast to implement, highly configurable and scalable solution that is fully integrated to the online application provision that the DfT is offering.
How My Council Services can help your blue badge provision
- Receiving blue badge applications – My Council Services fully integrates with the DfT Blue Badge Service as well as enabling you to accept direct applications via your own channels (web, phone and face-to-face).
- Reviewing applications – My Council Services’ integrated rules engine makes the process of reviewing applications more efficient, whilst still enabling manual intervention either by the applicant or by council staff when needed.
- Assessing eligibility – our blue badge solution includes full mobile working functionality, enabling your assessors to benefit from a fully end-to-end digital process, from setting appointments and sending reminders to writing up notes digitally and updating all relevant parties on outcomes.
- Managing the outcome of an application – My Council Services supports all the functionality required to manage unsuccessful applications, including the provision of an appeals process with as much or as little automation as appropriate.
- Payment and issuing of badges – once an application has been approved, My Council Services supports all the functionality required to issue the badge. Printing is provided via the DfT’s print and production services and payment, if required, can be collected via your existing payment gateway.
- Identifying misuse and enabling enforcement – My Council Services enables all aspects of enforcement from enabling members of the public to report suspected misuse quickly and easily through to identifying duplicate or potentially fraudulent applications. Misuse reports can be generated for internal review. Device independent mobile working functionality enables enforcement officers to work efficiently whilst out in the field.
Why work with Abavus and My Council Services?
Beyond the core delivery of the solution, we also provide a range of additional services to ensure you derive maximum value from your investment.
- Assistance with data migration – your existing records of blue badge applications and renewals are loaded into the platform ensuring that you can operate with seamless continuity.
- Consulting services to assist with process review, mapping and optimisation – We regularly work with our clients to review and document current process, identifying opportunities for process simplification, automation and improvement.
- My Council Services is a modular and highly flexible solution – Once installed, the same modules that power the blue badge system can also be used to provide a highly functional platform for other services such as taxi licensing, residential parking permits, other transport services and passes, as well as to other council service areas.
- Many years of public sector experience – My Council Services is installed in over 50 local authorities around the country, helping councils achieve digital transformation and channel shift across all areas of their operation.