What benefits have been realised at Newport?
• Before working with Abavus, 42% of Newport’s transactions were through self-service channels. Since onboarding My Council Services, this percentage has jumped to over 90%.
• Not only customer-facing services benefited from our solution. Many of Newport’s internal processes (previously paper-based) have seen significant improvement.
• The system has seen impressive organic growth, despite limited publicity. Newport now has over 88,000 registered accounts on their My Council Services platform.
• As super users of the system, Newport are committed to pushing their services online. Our platform’s analytical capabilities have enabled greater levels of corporate accountability.
• A significant number of councils (many in Wales) use My Council Services. At times, Newport have utilised processes built by other Abavus clients to support their own internal delivery, saving time and resource. A good example of this collaboration involved utilising Caerphilly County Borough Council’s Parking Permits scheme.
• Newport staff satisfaction levels have increased, as they have the ability to create and adapt services to meet their needs.