Parks and open spaces
How My Council Services can help you
Parks and open spaces is one of the most popular application areas for the rollout of My Council Services, providing the platform and tools to deliver significant improvements and savings:
- Customers can raise issues quickly and conveniently – the widely used digital reporting facilities (individual eForms and the customer portal) that My Council Services provides enable customers to quickly and easily notify the council of issues with open spaces, play areas, specific facilities or protected trees.
- Speed up back office management – The parks and open spaces team can receive inbound service requests, identify potentially duplicate reports and link them and automate all aspects of workflow, assigning jobs to staff based on their location, skills and availability.
- Manage protected trees and other open spaces assets – Key assets that the council owns and that fall under the governance and management of parks and open spaces can be catalogued, stored and monitored entirely on the My Council Services platform, saving time and money.
- Deliver efficiency for scheduled and ad hoc inspections – Enable open spaces officers to complete their tasks more quickly and more accurately by equipping them with a tailored mobile working toolkit to make the process paper-free.
- Improved insight into productivity – Run real time reporting on service requests, outcomes and every aspect of the parks and open spaces workflow, enabling much greater insight into the contribution being made by the open spaces team.
- Take action quickly – Quickly deploy new digital and automated open spaces processes, from customers reporting issues through to open spaces officers resolving them.
- Reduce need for manual intervention – Give your open spaces team access to easy-to-use tools that enable them to configure and automate key work streams, reducing the need for manual intervention and saving time and money.
- Manage customers’ expectations – Keep up with your customers expectations for online and real-time information availability about issues that they have reported to the council.
- Full mobile working solution – Equip open spaces colleagues with low cost smartphones or tablets installed with the My Council Services Mobile Worker suite, thus eradicating the need for printed task sheets and improving the way teams plan and carry out their work.
Why work with Abavus and My Council Services?
To help you get the best from your My Council Services solution, we also make certain that tailored, additional services are in place to ensure you are up and running in the shortest possible time and quickly getting a return from your investment. This can be especially important for smaller teams within a council who can sometime find it a challenge to get the help required from internal IT teams who are also under resource and budgetary pressure.
- Abavus can help you with process review and design, form design and workflow configuration to make sure that everything is set up for a successful rollout.
- We will train your users to make sure that they have the skills and knowledge to configure, own and modify the solution that has been implemented.
- Following implementation, our support team are on hand to make sure that you can quickly resolve any problems you encounter.