The success of the fully digital mobile worker launch for environmental health has acted as a second proof of concept, demonstrating that the My Council Services suite of modules can help the Council deliver very significant savings whilst enhancing service area performance at the same time.
The next stage of this project is for the production of the reports and the food safety rating certificates to be fully automated. This was always part of the scope of the project and is now ready to be made available in the production environment.
Summary of key benefits
- Enabled a move away from reliance on paper-based systems and uses much less paper
- The food safety inspections can be created and stored whilst out in field and then automatically synchronised with the back office inspections database
- Significant improvements in EHO productivity as the individual inspectors don’t have to return paper form
- The entire system and process allows for comprehensive inspection and task reporting so that the Council has much greater visibility into the detail of the overall process and individual activities
- The My Council Services platform provides and workflow and rules engine. This enables automated workflow to be created in order to automatically raise issues to relevant people