Inside Sales Executive (Feb 2017)
Abavus Ltd is a young and fast growing software resale operation with 8 members of staff based in the UK, with offices in London and a satellite office in Norwich. We are planning and recruiting now for our next phase of expansion.
Abavus markets, sells, implements and supports sophisticated, operational Software as a Service (SaaS) applications that incorporate the latest web and native mobile technologies. Our primary market is UK local authorities in which we hold exclusive resale agreements with our development partners. The business works extremely closely with its principles that develop the technology that Abavus sells and supports.
Since its creation by the three founders and owners, Abavus has built up a successful reputation in delivering innovative and cost effective, technology enabled business solutions to its clients in the UK.
As the Abavus business continues to grow, the leadership team is continuously investing in its sales and support resources. We are actively looking for the next talented individuals to join our team to benefit from the exciting opportunities that a small and quickly evolving business such as Abavus offers.
Job description and person specification
The Inside Sales Executive will be involved with and will carry increasing responsibility for all stages of the sales process. The successful candidate will work closely with the Sales and Marketing Director, the Operations Director and other senior members of the Abavus team to help achieve sales targets, through the identification of new business opportunities and the retention and expansion of existing clients.
If you have relevant software sales experience that will certainly help your application, although we are really more interested in finding the right individual that we can train and invest in. You’ll need to be of graduate calibre, with strong communication skills (on the phone, in person and in writing), have a strong team working ethic with an ability to work off your own initiative. You’ll also need to be flexible and innovative in your approach to work. This is a very exciting opportunity if you want to develop a career in software sales.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Achieving sales revenue targets through qualified sales pipeline development, across both the existing customer base and targeted new customers
- Adding new clients across our sales territories
- Helping to manage and to accurately update the CRM database of target accounts and job titles and to help progress opportunity qualification in the early part of the sales process
- Contributing ideas and resources to our data and content driven marketing plans and supporting systematic prospect identification
- Qualifying opportunities that emerge through our highly developed, content-driven marketing approach
- You will be expected to learn our technology products and to become proficient at delivering software demonstrations to interested clients, initially via screencast technology and conference calls but over time you will become involved in face-to-face seminars and onsite meetings
- Abavus employs a methodology driven sales approach for creating, qualifying and developing sales opportunities and you will be trained in this process and the assessment of opportunity quality and opportunity progression
Skills and experience:
- An excellent telephone manner is essential as you will be having first conversations with prospects holding senior positions in target accounts with a view to establishing interest and commitment to onsite meetings for the Sales Director
- Experience of working in a technology sales environment is certainly an advantage but is not an absolute pre-requisite
- Demonstrable success in working jointly on complex sales opportunities
- The ability to build professional relationships (both customers and colleagues) with individuals at all levels in an organisation that are based on mutual trust and professionalism
- Ability to work efficiently, consistently and accurately with sales databases and CRM systems (in particular with Salesforce CRM), keeping the data in them refreshed and up to date
- Ability to work in a systematic fashion to achieve challenging sales targets
- An enthusiasm for technology and how it can be applied to help organisations become more efficient and effective
- A good understanding of social media and how these tools are used in business would be helpful
- A working knowledge of the UK local government market might be handy too, including an understanding of contemporary local government issues such as digital transformation and channel shift
- Knowledge of cloud or SaaS solutions, Oracle-based technologies and mobile app-based technologies is desirable
Terms and conditions
Post: Full Time (but subject to 3 monthly performance reviews during the 1st 12 months)
Working Hours: 40+ hours per week
Holiday: 20 days holiday in first year moving to 25 days thereafter
Base salary from 18k up to 25k based on skills and experience
On Target Earnings from 25K to 35K based on skills and experience
Location can be flexible for the right candidate
Email your current CV along with a covering letter explaining why you feel you would be a good fit for this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.